Saturday, September 4, 2010

179.8 What A Difference A Friend Makes!


Maybe it's my personality type, or whatever, but it really helps me to have someone to walk with. When you know someone is waiting out in front of your house at 6:30 AM - remember, I live in Arizona so we start early around here due to the heat- you don't turn over and go back to sleep when the alarm rings. And, you don't hem and haw about whether you really want to get up and walk. The best part is, walking becomes incidental to the conversation, but walking does happen, and we pride ourselves on walking at a good clip.

My walking buddy, like so many folks who live here, also lives elsewhere part-time, or maybe she lives here part-time? It's the same no matter how you look at it. Anyway, she's here for the Labor Day holiday and we went walking this morning. And you know, my leg pain didn't kick in and my back was fine. Hmmm!

So if you don't have a walking buddy, find one! Most people just need to be asked. Walking with someone means the time flies, the focus can be on conversation rather than just the walking, and it's fun, more fun than walking alone, even if you are listening to Willie Nelson. Oh, that seems like ages ago when Willie was my walking buddy. I wonder how he's doing?

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

The best part is, Willie doesn't mind being set aside for awhile, and he'll still be there when you need him.

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller