Saturday, September 18, 2010

177.6 One Big Gooey Delicious Mess!

Remember that really old song that has the line, "I'm beginning to see the light!"? I think I'm beginning to see the light, to see a pattern in regard to why my weight may fluctuate, especially once I lose a little. Could it be that I am celebrating with food the fact I am losing a little? Yesterday I celebrated. It wasn't what you would call a huge celebration. There was no music, no special lighting, and no big gathering of people unless you want to include all the shoppers at Costco! It was all about me. It was my idea and I think it had been simmering in the back of my mind for quite some time. You see, at our Costco, you can get an ice cream bar that is freshly dipped in warm chocolate sauce and then plunked into a big bowl of chopped peanuts and almonds for $1.50. I had seen some folks sharing one of these a couple of months ago and I hadn't forgotten their smiling faces. So when we were there yesterday I told Jeff I was going to buy one of these. He looked at me a little strangely but didn't interfere and I did it!

OMG, this has to be the best treat in the whole world. We shared it and it was really funny because it was so hot in the car it was melting faster than we could eat it. It was dripping all over us and the car. So we had to pull over and stop! We were laughing because it was hard to pass back and forth between us. It must have weighed about half a pound because it had so many nuts stuck all over it! And then, thank goodness, we were both overcome by the richness of it and threw about half, well maybe a third, of it away! But it was so delicious, I told Jeff we just might have to do that again on my birthday.

And, so today I can't blame it on the salt! If it is a pattern, I don't know how I am going to track it from all the posts in this blog, but maybe from now on, I can be aware that this might be at work in how I handle things when I do lose a pound or two. Come on, Sue, let it go until you've reached your goal. You are so close!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Healthy weight loss can't cause deprivation. Deprivation doesn't work! The bar you and Jeff ate sounds wonderful and you enjoyed it. Then eat less for dinner...but your desire has to still be strong to complete your goal. You're learning about maintenance. NO DEPRIVATION BUT CONSCIOUSNESS. But don't keep yourself from your goal with too many treats. Then you'll always be "the girl who never got there."

Hugs,

Jennifer

priscilla said...

I do exactly what you do--so I bounce back and forth two pounds. Jennifer's comment is really helpful. It sounds like you were doing the right thing--being conscious of feeling full and stopping! I used to think "I've got to eat the whole thing whether I want it or not because I may never get this again"!And hey--OUR Costco 't have that!

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller