Tuesday, September 21, 2010

176.6 Breaking Away, First Night!

I did it! I didn't eat after dinner, but :) what I did do was eat a 100 calorie "ice cream bar" for dessert with my dinner. I thought a lot about doing that. It wasn't an impulse treat. This was actually a big deal for me because I rarely, very rarely, have been eating any dessert with my dinner. So last night I decided that if had that treat I could have a sense of completion and not feel deprived. Did it work? Did I experience the night hunger pains?

Well, I did feel a little hungry by about 9:30 PM, but my attitude was so what! I had had a great day food wise, a healthy day with a little treat, so I just let it go. I fell asleep without a problem and I'd love to write that I slept soundly through the night. Well, that wasn't the case. I actually had a rough night, but I never felt hungry, and when I got up this morning I didn't feel hungry. (And, I've had sleep issues over the years, no matter how much or how late at night I have eaten.)

And I lost a pound! What more could a gal on a mission to reach her goal want? I'm sticking with this new plan knowing I won't lose a pound a day, but also believing that this new strategy may serve me very well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're finding your way and that's a great idea. What works and what doesn't work...

Kathleen said...

I think that when we eat makes a big difference, too. I always weigh much less when I eat a light supper the night before.

Find Your Body Shape said...

Your great on posting this. Your a true inspiration. Thanks for sharing.

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller