Thursday, April 8, 2010

191.4 Night Hunger Revisited

Boring! I am reaching the nudgey stage since I have been at this weight for the last 4 days. You'd think it would vary by at least 2 ounces. (That is the interval my scale is calibrated on.) I'm wondering if I will ever lose another pound. I know I will, but when? :) I'm ready now!

I don't know if any of you have this problem, but the hardest time during the day, everyday, that I have around food issues is about an hour or two after I finish dinner. It doesn't seem to matter what I have for dinner. I get really hungry. If I give into the hunger I feel like have have blown the whole day of being on track with everything. I've tried the gum chewing routine, which works sometimes, but not always, and then I wake up during the night feeling hungry. I often eat an apple, but sometimes I just go nuts and eat nuts, or peanut butter unconsciously or by becoming delusional and telling myself it is okay. And then I get really mad at myself for "falling off the wagon". I think this is basically a bad habit. I need to listen to my inner spirit for encouragement and just not eat anything after dinner for a couple of weeks and let this night hunger lose its hold on me.

2 comments:

priscilla said...

I'm suffering from the same thing. You are not alone girlfriend. Some nights I talk myself out of it and sometimes I eat an apple. If I can make it past 10 pm I can avoid the trip to the fridge. I wonder if saving something from dinner to snack on would help. (Broccoli at midnight?--I dunno) Anyway, you keep trying and I'll keep trying and we'll see.

Kathleen said...

This is my worst time. Sometimes I plan ahead and eat something semi-healthy. And sometimes there is chocolate in the house...

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller