Friday, April 2, 2010

191.0 Too Much Information!

I love Paul Simon. I saw Paul Simon live about three years ago in Boston and it was amazing. Now to be honest, maybe it was the marijuana in the air that made it so amazing. I have never done marijuana but it was in the atmosphere. One of our friends who was with us had enough experience with the substance to know that it was in the air. Anyway, one of my favorite songs that he sings has been floating around in my mind a lot lately. It's about being soft in the middle. (You Can Call Me Al.)

Maybe this is too much information, but I am definitely too soft in the middle. So I went back to my new physical therapist yesterday, and if she has her way I won't be too soft in the middle for much longer! You know, doing the elliptical for 30 minutes, being able to walk for an hour put me in the delusional state that I was very strong, physically. I guess I'm not! But now I have some direction to start getting stronger. If I am going to try to play golf again, I simply can't be soft in the middle!

About the uptick in my weight, since this is a weight loss blog, well what can I say. My appetite has definitely returned after feeling sick for so long and I have to get back in my routine using all my props ~ eating less, exercise, and staying aware of each and every thing I eat and why I am eating it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great stuff about your Physical Therapist and your "soft" middle. It's the awareness which you now have which will never ever let you put lots of weight on again. It feels too bad, and by God...you're going to do something about it. That's the way it works and will always work for you. Hugs,

Anonymous

priscilla said...

Some things are good soft in the middle--molten chocolate cake, jelly-filled donuts,3 minute eggs. But a six pack midriff is definitely better than a cream puff waist.

queenmabby said...

oh momma! i love you!

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller