Thursday, April 29, 2010

187.4 Loose Ends

We're expecting house guests momentarily and so it's now or never for my post for today. A few things have been floating around in my head that I think I want to blog about and then get I going on another theme. So today's theme is loose ends. (I just returned from teaching my ESL class and the word theme was one of our vocab words for today!) Anyway, I do want to say that it is really gratifying to hear from those you have shared with me the fact you've have lost weight as an outgrowth of reading this blog. My colleague at PVCC told me today she's lost 16 pounds now! She looks great, but more importantly, is confident that she is going to beat that threat of diabetes that she was facing. Each of you has your own reasons for wanting to lose weight and they are all as important as Allison's. So continue to hang in there, take it as slow as necessary, and keep reading the blog. I am hoping that by seeing how I have done it you can take what you want from my example and turn your desire to lose weight into you own success story.

Also, remember how I have complained about being hungry at night and often spoiling a day of good, careful eating by giving into the night hungers? I've posted new signs in my pantry and refrigerator. One says, "Sue, don't eat tonight. You've had a great day." The other says, "Sue, if you have to eat, eat an apple. Don't blow it!" I don't think those are mixed messages. One is in the best of all worlds and the other is if you can't do that, here's what to do.

So the weight continues to slowly give up and leave my body. I am so grateful for all the pieces that I have been able to put together to make this happen. Hope you are finding success, also, and would love to hear how you've managed to make it happen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great for you and also for your blog followers. Losing the rest of the weight is very close now...you want to inspire those followers...

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller