Tuesday, April 27, 2010

187.6 Using My Fat

I almost forgot to tell you about my visit to the plastic surgeon. For a long time now, my eyes have been getting droopier and droopier, and just recently the eye doctor told me that they are so droopy that Medicare would be happy to cover the cost of the surgery because they were actually impeding my vision. And, that perhaps I could have a few more things done while I was at it. Those of you who know me know that I can't just go to any doctor. I have to find the best and as it turned out I probably did. However, it was like when you need a new car, just a little runabout for local driving and you go to a Ferrari dealer instead of someone who sells PT Cruisers.

First of all, I learned that he doesn't take any insurance. After checking out my face he told me that he would be adding some fat to my face to build up areas that have sunk, with age and gravity. I said that he just didn't understand, that I had lost 60 pounds and didn't want any fat added! When he explained that he would be taking it from "areas of fat" on my body, I was thrilled and that was no longer a problem. But then he explained that he couldn't just do my upper eyelids. And if he did do the lower lids also he simply couldn't stop there because the new eyes wouldn't blend with the rest of my face. So before I knew it, he was talking about cheek work, and that meant mouth work, and that meant chin work, and that meant jaw line work, and that meant neck work. Thank God I didn't have to show him more of my body because we were definitely on a roll by this time. Oh, I just remembered...we have a brow problem to address also!

I came away knowing this doctor knew what he was talking about and that he is surely very good! But I was thinking small and the price tag was huge, in spite of the fact he was going to use my fat!

I am getting a second opinion from the doctor that my eye doctor's office uses for the droopy eye problem. Let's see what she has to say.

1 comment:

priscilla said...

Well now, if there's a cheek problem, what cheeks are we talking about?

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller