Thursday, April 15, 2010

188.0 Chew, Chew Chew Chew, Chew, Chewing Gum!






Today was another date day and this time we invited another couple to go with us. Being an advocate of chewing gum when hungry, I thought we should go visit the Wrigley Mansion, actually their "winter cottage". The Wrigley Mansion is not huge or terribly pretentious, but it is certainly grander than your everyday winter cottage. Today was an absolutely gorgeous day here as you can see from the day time photos. We kept talking about how much we'd like to come at night because the views are spectacular. What was really interesting is that you paid what you wanted to for lunch. and we did, and we paid them well because the food was delicious.

So what did I have? I had the Chipotle Chicken Caesar Salad. The chicken was tender and moist, and the romaine was crisp and fresh. I either dipped the salad greens into the dressing, or dipped my fork in the dressing and then stabbed some lettuce. What I didn't do was eat all of the dressing! It's amazing how little I eat when I use the dipping method instead of pouring it all on.

We had a great time. It is so beautiful here now. Yes, it was hot but as we say out here, it's a dry heat so it is much easier to tolerate. It's true. So much better than the humid heat that plagues most of the rest of the country. I just love it out here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cute blog...and I see the number going DOWN and no big deal. Right? Right. Smile.

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller