Tuesday, April 6, 2010

191.4 The Perfect Black Dress, or Is It?

Yay! Finally my weight is heading down again. I really appreciated the encouraging comments that were made while I was in my doldrums about regaining some of my lost weight. Thanks very much for taking the time to post those comments.

I mentioned that I went shopping in my post yesterday. What I didn't say is that I bought a dress, not a long dress, a short dress. I haven't done that in more years than I can remember. This is the perfect black dress. It's youthful, covers my upper arms with style, and it looks pretty good ~ in fact, very good. But I have two issues going on with it. The first is that it fits me perfectly right now and I will be losing another 20 pounds, so then will it be too big? Probably. The second is that I don't have great legs. In fact, that is why I haven't bought a shorter dress in oh, so many years. Yes, my legs look somewhat better since I've lost the 60 pounds, but they still aren't very good looking. Do you think I could let that go and just enjoy wearing it? Should I buy the smaller size and then take back the larger one if it becomes too big? Oh, the issues when I have options, finally, about clothes and styles that I can now wear. To be honest, it is worth the price of this dress just to see it hanging in my closet.

3 comments:

queenmabby said...

a short dress! amazing! i am so proud of you and can't wait to see it!

Anonymous said...

Try wearing black stockings. I now have broken veins and spots that make my legs look old and unattractive. When I wear black stockings my legs look pretty good - black is slimming too.
Annis

priscilla said...

1. Legs: Forget about it. Just wear the dress and enjoy it. I've discovered that no one notices my legs as much as I do!

2. Wear the dress now. Don't take it back. Take it to a dress maker instead if necessary when you lose your 20 pounds.

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller