Saturday, May 7, 2011

176.0 Sitting Pretty!

I'm sitting in a spa sipping a skinny latte from Starbucks. It's the booby prize since the aesthetician I was scheduled to see is a no show. I'm disappointed since Linda and I planned this event several weeks ago in our ongoing battle against aging. We got in on a great promotion that included the elusive facial and an hour long massage. Linda is getting her massage as I write and I don't know if she will be able to have a facial or not. Just when you think you've planned so nothing can go wrong....

What I'm more blown away by than the no show aesthetician is how young most of the customers are and how young all of the employees are. Why wasn't I getting facials on a regular basis in my thirties? (Probably because I wasn't living in Scottsdale, AZ!) Maybe, just maybe, I wouldn't be facing this face if I had been.

Well, the outcome couldn't have been better. Linda got her facial. I did get a massage, a wonderful massage that ended with my feet wrapped in hot towels. And, I wasn't charged for the massage. Furthermore I walked out with a gift certificate for a free facial. Maybe plans aren't all they are cracked up to be. I'm sitting pretty (except for the pop up in my weight :( - lots of reasons, no good excuses)!

No comments:

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller