Monday, May 2, 2011

174.6 This Blog

It's funny how loyal I have been to this blog. Unless I am traveling, I rarely take a day off, and rarely want to. Well, on the days when my weight is up, I do wish I had never agreed with myself to post my weight, but this keeps me honest so it is good for me to put it out there.

So why am I loyal and what do I get from writing it? It's all about me. I have a joke going among some of my friends that it's always about me. This makes me smile because I was raised to, among other things, never talk about myself. So being able to freely chat about myself and my life has been a real trip for me. Does it matter to anyone else? I doubt it. When I started I was hoping that as I lost the weight, it might inspire others to join me on this adventure. I can think of a few folks that I think have found some inspiration to do that, but not the number that I thought this blog might attract. So once again, it is all about me.:)

What have I learned? The really unexpected and wonderful gift that writing everyday has presented to me is being so much more aware of all aspects of my life - interactions with friends, the beauty of the area, the part that my inner spirit now plays in my life, the ups and downs of my emotions as I face life everyday, and of course, the underlying excitement that still fills me when I see an unexpected reflection of this thinner person and realize it is ME! Knowing I want to write something everyday puts me on alert for something special that may play out in my life on any given day.

I'm toying with the idea of moving the emphasis from Susan's Losin' to Susan's Livin'. I'll let you know if I make that change, but first I have to figure out if and how I can do that and not lose the thread of all of these posts. I think moving on will be a good thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your blog today and am looking forward to seeing you on Wednesday. My book might even be published by then...if not...definitely by the end of the week. So it's all about me too...smile. Anonymous....

queenmabby said...

I love that idea. And I love you!

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller