Tuesday, May 10, 2011

175.6 Unexpected Riches!


Out on my walk this morning, I suddenly saw this and found myself trying to figure out what I was looking at! As I walked closer, it became clear. I was looking at two quail eggs.


What is so surprising is that they were laid basically out in the open, right by the sidewalk and within about 5 feet of the neighborhood mailboxes. What was this Quail mother thinking?!


Here's a close up view. They are about 2" long and really quite beautiful. Because they are so unprotected it will be amazing if they aren't broken, eaten, terribly disturbed. I'll be terribly disturbed if they aren't intact tomorrow morning.

We have a lot of quail out here and their song is very distinctive and I have come to love it.

So being on a mission to maintain my weight loss means that there are often surprises awaiting me as I walk.

No comments:

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller