Monday, May 9, 2011

174.6 Getting Ready to Get Away

We are getting ready to get away again. This time we are staying fairly close to home rather than heading to Boston or Memphis where are kids are. We are driving up to the Four Corners area where the states of Arizona, Utah, New Mexico and Colorado come together. There are some very interesting Indian ruins to visit including Canyon de Chelly (pronounced Canyon de Shay). We've wanted to do this ever since we moved here about six and a half years ago and are really looking forward to it. I'll be checking out the Indian jewelry, as well as the artifacts in the area. And, we'll be spending some time in Sedona on our way home which is always wonderful.

It feels like we are heading into vacation time with this trip and trips to Arkansas and Boston already planned. I love to go, but I have to keep my wits about me when we travel because of so many food options. Just yesterday Jeff reminded me that we needed to buy a lot of apples so we could take them with us. From experience I've learned, and I guess he has also, that being prepared with good healthy food keeps us both out of the trap of eating too much "impulse" food. I just made that up but it does describe that trip through CVS or a fast food place to help get rid of the hunger pains with unhealthy quick fixes.

This morning on the radio I heard that new research shows that cutting calories is the best way to reduce arthritis pain. Why didn't they just ask me instead of spending $$$$$ on research? I still get a little stiff when I sit too long, but I am in a pain free zone now compared to when I was lugging all of that extra weight around.

1 comment:

queenmabby said...

Have a great time!!! love you!

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller