Sunday, September 27, 2009

Saying Goodbye to Italy

Today is our last day in Italy.  We have just finished breakfast in our hotel here in Cortona.  Another magnificent buffet with choices ranging from salami and cheese, to fruit and nut granola, yogurt, warm cake with chocolate chips, croisants, melon... I could go on and on.  And, something that I think really matters that I am going to try to do better at home is the presentation!  I took several pictures of buffets and displays, but am not sure they are going to do justice to what we actually experienced.

So tomorrow we arrive in Boston and then back home to Scottsdale on Wednesday.  I think I will wait until Thursday morning to greet my old friend the scale.  When Jennifer first suggested that I weigh myself everyday, I really fought it.  The notion of it being a positive tool in this process was very hard for me to accept, and the anxiety with which I approached it every morning was palpable for a while.  But not having a scale here has been much more difficult than I thought it would be.  Not knowing where I am is very anxiety provoking, especially since I haven't reached my goal yet.  (Check out Jennifer's blog listed on the right to read her take on the importance of weighing everyday.)

No matter what the scale tells me, this trip has been absolutely wonderful and it is hard to say goodbye to Italy...so hard that Jeff and I are talking about when we will return.

Ciao!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan,

What's most important about being on my program is to learn how to live normally... with pleasure...while integrating the tools for weight loss. And to ask yourself the questions: How much do I want to accomplish my goal? Am I happier along the way than I used to be? Am I healthier with this program? Will I continue to be more physically agile as I reach my goal of 170 pounds? Am I asking my Guides to help me each step of the way?

Hugs,

Jennifer

philso said...

Braggart! we had to come Friday! your comments on the foods available in Italy was well taken. But, walking up those damn hills was exercise for the marathoners. we, too, had a good time and want to return to Italy's unique buffet of culture, beauty, history, and joy de vivre. (I guess that's French) weigh away, Susie, and the devil take the hindmost.

pad

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller