Monday, September 14, 2009

211.4 Pants and Mindfulness

First of all, I want to draw your attention to a new site that I listed on the right side of the blog about Yoga and mindful eating.  I am much more into mindful eating right now than Yoga, and want to share this article that discusses the connection between the two.  One of my goals upon returning is to start a Yoga class or a Tai Chi class.  Both have been recommended to me as very good for strengthening my core to help support my back.  I also want to tell you that we had a great time last night with our friends, and my fears were totally unfounded, as fears often are.

We leave tomorrow on our trip to Italy, and we are really excited!  We get to be in a place neither of us has traveled to, and we will be spending a week with very good friends, some of whom are also relatives!  I think it is very cool when you can consider relatives very good friends!  And, we will be visiting our daughters in Boston both on the way to Italy and on the way home.

I don't know how frequently I will be blogging from our villa in Cortona, but I want to write some blogs from there.  Blogging definitely keeps me honest about what is going on.  I am heading out on this trip without a scale, so my pants will be my guide and the tightness therein!  Staying mindful of what and how much I eat and drink will be key while I enjoy the wonderful food of the region.  It should not be too different from how I handle food everyday...except that I won't be cooking and it will be especially delicious.

Ciao!

No comments:

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller