Thursday, September 10, 2009

211.6 Finding Myself at the DQ

It has been at least a year since I have done this, and I don't know if I'm glad or sad or both.  I turned into the Dairy Queen drive thru! Here's the good news - I ordered the smallest cone and I only ate half of it.

I had seen the DQ there before.  It is across the highway from my eye doc's office and through 4-5 appointments over the past 4 months, I had never turned in.  I talked about going there with Jeff after my cataract operation, but as soon as he agreed, I changed my mind and we went straight home.

I don't know why I did it today.  And, I'm not going crazy because I had some ice cream.  I don't think it will do irreversible damage, either.  What I think is really important is that I enjoyed it, I didn't eat it fast, and my subconscious mind nudged me hard enough so that I stopped eating once I had had half,  On top of that, I had no regrets about throwing the rest away.  Maybe I'm learning that I can treat myself with small amounts of yummy things once in a while.  I think that I'm glad I did it.

3 comments:

queenmabby said...

this post is so great! I love that you were able to enjoy a sweet treat without any regrets or worries. That shows that you were eating the DQ with the best intention - not cause you were happy or sad or bored...but because you wanted a little taste of something sweet and cold. Go you!

Anonymous said...

Hurray! What a wise choice! So much better to find yourself at the DQ than have the DQ find you.

Love you!

Miranda

Kathleen said...

This is a great post! And a lovely treat.

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller