Wednesday, September 2, 2009

213.2 Willie Nelson and Me


I just came in from my walk this morning. I may Tweet Willie Nelson to thank him for helping to make my walks so much fun. I know all the words to "City of New Orleans" now, so if he needs a new backup singer...

It came in the mail just before the trip to Memphis. I knew what it was the moment I saw the box. It was that stupid cane with the attached seat that I ordered to take with me on our trip to Italy. I am not sure why I have been so negative about it. Had I taken it with me to Memphis, I might have avoided all the recent problems. I unpacked it and sat on it and put it away. And, I have referred to it as my stupid cane.

But, today I have decided to rechristen it my smart cane, but I think I will call it Willie Nelson for short. This cane is going to make sightseeing a lot more fun. With my more appreciative eyes, I see that it is quite a wonderful invention. I can use it as a regular cane, but when I need to sit rather than stand for a while, I can just flip down the seat and my back will smile! (See photo below.)

We are starting to set aside some of the things we are taking on the trip. Along with my camera, a map of Tuscany, and my spy technology passport/credit card holder, awaits Willie Nelson. I have a hunch we are going to be best friends.


Willie Nelson and Me!

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

You are going to have such a fantastic time!

Anonymous said...

Brag away...this is a great Blog...plus it will be meaningful to many people. I see Channing67 is getting more followers on Twitter and you're getting closer to 210...Willie Nelson would be happy and smiling...

queenmabby said...

haha! I love this! That is wonderful that you have been able to rechristian the cane and turn it into willie nelson to boot! you are going to have an amazing time!

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller