Friday, October 21, 2011

Returning To The New

Sometimes it's the obvious that gets forgotten. Once I reached my goal weight, I quit listening to the weight loss hypnosis CDs that Jennifer Scott had made for me. And as I've been struggling to stop gaining weight and getting back somewhere near that goal weight, I've finally focused on the fact that I haven't been following some basic ideas that I took to heart with great seriousness as I was in the weight loss mode. So yesterday I made new signs that are now adorning the refrigerator and the interior of the pantry, and I've started listening to the CDs. I felt such a difference yesterday as I approached food, and this morning the old phase "eat half" was at play in my brain and it was automatic once again. I'm hoping that I've found some new/old ways to help me regain that courage and strength as I face what I am really understanding has been a truth all along and that is I really am addicted to using food to blot out emotional ups and downs.

No comments:

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller