Thursday, October 13, 2011

183.0 Can I Just Say...?

Can I just say that sometimes I am blown away by experiencing life, my life. I think that I "know what to expect", if not control much of it, and today I was reminded that things happen that I never expected.

Today is Thursday, my ESL teaching day, and as I was walking away from the classroom toward my car I was filled with such gratitude that I know these people and have a chance to interact with them every week. I wish I could introduce them to all those who might question why I do this.

I've written about having each of the students embark on a challenge of their choosing each week. Today I learned that one of the men with his two sons hiked down to the floor of the Grand Canyon and then back up all in the same day. He laughed as he told us that one of his sons still thinks he was crazy to want to do that. A woman in the class is a swimming instructor and is teaching a deaf 13 year old how to swim. The young girl is not only deaf but was terrified of the water, and my ESL student had her calmly floating in the pool. One of my challenges is trying to keep up with these magnificent folks!

I'm into my second day of writing everything down - so far so good!

1 comment:

priscilla said...

I love this! Sometimes gratitude just knocks you over. And it feels so good!

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller