Monday, October 10, 2011

182.5 A New Challenge Perhaps...

Speaking of challenges :), I may take on something that will definitely be a challenge for me. I've been approached by the head of the adult ed programs at our church about starting a weight loss group. I'm not sure what all it will entail, but I do know it will be up to me to design it. I would love to hear from any of you who read this blog about what might be important to include and what you've taken away from this blog about weight loss that has helped you, or been meaningful to you. The group won't start until after the first of the year so I have time to do this with thought and purpose. Any ideas you have will be welcome and appreciated.

2 comments:

priscilla said...

This is so great!!! I'll think about what I might be able to contribute.

Kathleen said...

Sue! This is so wonderful. It's especially wonderful because your story is so infectious and motivating! I think you would do a great job.

Personally, I like hearing what works for you, and how you break some of the rules. I liked when you said you ate salad for breakfast, or skipped meals entirely. I also liked how you started doing exercise a little bit at a time, despite some medical setbacks.

I rarely paid attention when I ate salty foods before, and now I do. I notice the leap in my weight the next day.

I think what people are looking for is support and encouragement, and for people to tell them that they CAN do it, it just takes effort. You can show people what you know and answer their questions, and I'm sure they will thank you for it!

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller