Sunday, January 24, 2010

196.2 New and Different...For Me

Did you notice the weight drop? Here's what I can tell you that I have changed recently in what I am doing. I have decided that I don't need to eat three meals a day, everyday. (Jennifer has suggested I do this over the course of our work together, but I was always fearful that if I didn't eat three meals a day, I would eat out of control.) What I have learned is that I don't have to eat breakfast as soon as I get up in the morning. And if I am busy and comfortable, I don't need to stop and prepare lunch. What I do have to do is eat with intention, stay very aware of what I eat, and don't let not eating on a regular schedule lead to grazing and/or eating out of control because of feeling so hungry. I am hungry now and it is about 1:30 pm. I haven't eaten yet today, but as soon as I click on publish I am heading into the kitchen to prepare a high protein, high fiber meal the will carry me into the dinner hour. I don't plan on doing this everyday, but I plan to keep this model as something to do that may help me lose when I find myself bogged down, stuck. Try it. I'll be interested in learning if this works for you, too.

Yesterday I wrote about tea without crumpets, or anything else. But since I do strive for honesty in this blog I must tell you that it came to me that I could serve oranges with a little powdered sugar on them and it would not wreak havoc with my intention to lose weight. So I peeled way the skin - I am so good at this that the skin can be removed in one very long narrow piece by turning and slicing the peel away. OK, too much information, but quite a site to behold! Anyway, I sliced them horizontally into about 4 slices-5 slices, added the powdered sugar and voila! My friends truly enjoyed them.

We went to a local, independant bookstore to hear Erica Baumeister talk about her most recent book, The School of Essential Ingredients. Yes, it is about food and I can read about food and not feel sad or wistful. This book is not just about food. It's really about a cooking school, the teacher and the eight participants in the class. After hearing Erica read from her book, I know I am going to love it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEA!

priscilla said...

YOur progress is wonderful. So is your insight!

boo@NFL Draft said...

Do u think this is effective and useful for everyone???
Last month i tried to do exercises, but afer ding those i was hungry than before .So i ate much more.
At last .i gave up because i could't help eating so much then steepening every day.

Susan's Losin' said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller