Saturday, January 2, 2010

200.2 Commitments and Resolutions





Since I had such a great time with them recently, I decided to post some pictures of my grandsons. The one in the center with me is Julien, the three 1/2 year old. On your left is Alex who is 6 1/2, and Lennox, who is 8 1/2, is on your right! They made this Christmas so special with their excitement and enthusiasm, and wanting to spend time with us. Wonderful boys, but I am a bit prejudiced about them!

This morning started off with a walk with my friend Linda who is going to walk with me almost everyday, as much as our combined schedules allow. It was great walking with her. The time went by really fast and I didn't miss Willie Nelson at all. Linda teaches in the Law School at University of Louisville (KY) so comes from a totally different world than I find myself in. She lives here in Scottsdale on a half time basis and has become a good friend. I know I am going to look forward to my walks with her. Since I started walking in April I have been walking alone. Jeff usually had meetings or was playing golf when I would want to walk so we rarely walked together. Walking with Linda will put more structure in my day and that is always good for me.

And, making a commitment to another person is easier for me than trying to keep a commitment that I make with myself. Hello???! I wouldn't have gained all that weight if I had kept all the commitments I made with myself. You can substitute the word resolutions for commitments if you like. I was never very good a New Year's resolutions, either. This year I didn't set down any resolutions on New Year's Day. Keeping focused on awareness, with food and in all areas of my life, is not about resolutions. It is how I am endeavoring to live, everyday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your grandkids are adorable & of course, you're prejudiced! So glad you have a good friend to walk with. But what's important is that you keep up the pace. Can you do that?

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller