Wednesday, January 6, 2010

198.6 Redefining Comfort Food?

Here's my new contribution to the world of comfort food. It tasted really good, and since I ate it at lunch time, the carbs shouldn't have done too much damage. I try not to eat potatoes, rice or pasta at night! I baked a potato in the oven rather than the microwave, so it would taste like the good old days. I cut it in half and put 1/2 in the refrigerator. Then I opened a small can of salmon (I love the Bear and Wolf brand that you can buy at Costco) and put half on the hot potato, sending the other half into the refrigerator to sit next to the potato. Sounding good yet? Then I put light sour cream, salt and pepper, and a sprinkling of reduced fat cheese on the potato salmon mixture. It was perfect! (Just recently I learned that potatoes are very good for you if you eat the skin, because that is where all the goodness is.) Now I just need a name for it! Any suggestions?

4 comments:

priscilla said...

Let's see. Pisces in a Blanket? Pommes de Terre Icthyologique? I'm working on it...

Kathleen said...

Salmon stuffed baked potato? Or simply Salmon Baked Potato?

Susan's Losin' said...

I was looking for something a little more romantic, or delusional like Salmon Chez Weight Loss Queen?, or Wanna Feel Better Divine?

Anonymous said...

Amiable dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller