Monday, August 10, 2009

#lbs(216.4) and so it goes...off!


August 10th, my first posting!

I am 66 and have been gaining and losing weight for what seems like forever. Why don't I just stay fat and enjoy my remaining years, overeating and not paying attention to what this extra weight is doing to my body and spirit? I don't feel 66 and look forward to continuing to experience life to the fullest. Traveling, playing with my grandsons, trying new things and staying healthy will be more fun and easier for me to do if I am not lugging around these 45 pounds that I want to lose starting today.

So stick with me, comment, please, and join me in this adventure. Besides losing weight, I look forward to forming a community of people who understand the benefits of losing slowly for the long haul. There is much research out there that shows that losing weight slowly makes keeping the weight off much easier. I could write a book on quick weight loss and regaining it in the blink of an eye, and I know many of you could, too.

More tomorrow.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susan, This is inspiring. I know you will succeed.

Unknown said...

I'm with you! I can't wait to read more about your journey and any tips you may have. Who-hoo!

queenmabby said...

I love it! Your writing style is wonderful and I think it will be very inspiring. I love you!

Connie said...

Thanks for sending your journey to me. I started last week on the same journey. I am back to walking more and eating right. Actually the South Beach Diet is the model I am following. We just had the Ricotta cheese dessert with blueberries. Good luck and I'll send any hints your way and you can do the same for me.

Unknown said...

This is wonderful! Susan's Losin' is movin'right along. Amy Adams would be smiling as I am right now.
Hugs and wishes for great success on this journey.

Jennifer

Joanne said...

What a wonderful idea - you look great!! What have you been doing in order to have lost the initial 20 pounds? I would love to join you in a quest to reach an optimum weight and to improve my health and conditioning. Let's do it!!!

Kathleen said...

This is great! I'm really looking forward to this. Thank you!

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller