Thursday, August 13, 2009

215.8 ...the morning after!

I staggered out of bed even though it was already 7:30, and got all dolled up in my weigh in outfit and there it was! 215.8! I know, I know, .2 of a pound shouldn't be such a big deal, but it is the 215 in front of the .8 that got my attention. I have been waiting for that number for a while now! I thought it would never show up. I remember making the commitment to this weight loss program and then thinking about all the reasons it wouldn't work. And I weighed 237 that day. So to see 215 is amazing! Duh! This program is working!

Now for the bad news...scale lag. I hate scale lag almost as much as jet lag. I did eat out last night and I have to gird my loins (where did that come from?) for the impending scale lag. But I had the best halibut of my life last night and did only eat half. Since we moved out here from the Boston area ordering fish at any restaurant is such a crap shoot. The ocean is not at the end of the block so where does the "fresh fish" come from? I don't know, but I will go back to Durant's for halibut. It was the 1/2 of a large baked potato that is going to get me. Do I need to mention the sour cream and chives that jumped on top? Why did I agree to any potato, no matter how it was prepared? Probably because I am not perfect and thought that since I didn't order the filet mignon that really sounded good, I should have a little potato...all right, a big potato! Does your mind ever work like that? Sometimes, I simply amaze myself when I give my brain free reign or should I say free range? Anyway, as I wrote yesterday, going out is a big challenge for me, but not one I am willing to give up.

This morning was a little disarming in another way. I opened the door to let the dog out and smelled rain. You don't smell rain in Scottsdale in the morning very often. There are those who celebrate the rain out here. As for me, my heart sinks and I have to do some major attitude adjustment. I hate rain, I hate overcast, I hate gray! And, it is still muggy, wet and gray outside. Since I don't want to eat for comfort, I think I will work on my jewelry.

Have a great day and hope you are enjoying the journey so far. Let me know if you are on board with your weigh in outfit and scale. I love company!


1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Some people get mad at me when I say I'm trying to loose weight... but I'm just trying to get back to where I was before I had kids. Or at least before I had my last kid. I'm on board with my weigh-in outfit, not with my scale, which is digital, and which can tell me my body fat%, but which the baby is always reprogramming so that I'm 3 feet tall and in kilos.

I love this blog. Please keep posting!

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller