Tuesday, August 11, 2009

217.0...weigh to lose!

Well, I just saw a dog that was as big as a horse! I am out walking and recording this on my iphone! But back to the blog. If you look at the title of today's blog you will see that I think weighing every day is an important key to the success of this journey. Think of your scale as a compass to help you stay on the right path for this journey. If you are out hiking, you check your compass frequently to make sure you are headed in the right direction. If you get off track, you have to know where you are in order to make adjustments to get back on the right path. And, it is better to know asap that you are not where you thought you were or you can get really lost, and in the case of weight loss, getting really lost can cause you to give up.

I just bought a new scale. You have to love your scale. My previous scale was like a fickle lover. I would get on and see my weight. And then I would get off and on again, just to make sure! Well, that scale could jump around like a leapin' lizard. Up a pound, down 2 pounds, up a half a pound and so on. I now have a scale that values steadfastness! It doesn't change! I also have my weigh in outfit. You can wear whatever you want when you weigh yourself. Your birthday suit is a great choice. It doesn't matter what you are wearing, (the scale fashionista are not on duty) just so you wear the same thing everyday. And weigh first thing (after you pee) in the morning, and you will be set for the day. Another thing about weighing everyday...as some of you know, scales like to report what you did a couple of days ago as well as what you ate yesterday. As you might have noticed, my weight is up today! And, no, I can't tell you exactly why. However, a couple of days ago, I went to Costco and someone was handing me food at the end of every aisle. I think the bites added up (hello! I know they added up!) and as you know, everything you put in your mouth is reflected on your scale.

If you have read carefully so far, and I hope you have, I have not used the word diet to describe what I am doing. This is not a diet. Rather it is a way to change how you view food and that new view will be with you for the rest of your life. More about that tomorrow. I am purposefully not bombarding you with every aspect of this weight loss program at once. Each day I will be adding more information and soon you will know what I know. In the meantime, think before you put anything in your mouth. Stay conscious, stay present, and decide if you really want that bite before you eat it. How are you doing?

1 comment:

Jeff Miller said...

You are so ahead of things! There was an announcement on the news last night that there was new scientific evidence that weighing every day was much better than weekly.

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller