Saturday, August 15, 2009

216.4...Cankles, anyone?

Do you have cankles, as in chubby ankles? Well, I do. I was born with cankles. All babies have cankles at birth or soon after, but I never outgrew my cankles. The Today Show did a featured piece on cankles about a week ago and I just can’t get over it! They showed pictures, talked about what not to wear if you have cankles, and then had the gall to say there is nothing you can do about cankles. I knew that. All cankle owners know that. So why did they talk about cankles? I like The Today Show, but don’t understand why they made a big deal out of cankles. My cankles can’t be changed or removed so what was the point? It has made me realize that we can change a lot of things about ourselves with surgery, hair color, make-up, and diet, but not cankles! I am really envious of women, including heavy women, who have beautiful legs and ankles. They can wear capris, skirts, dresses and look lovely. Cankleites were warned on The Today Show to never wear those things. Oh, and shoes with ankle straps. As if we would! Cankleites are filled with fashion sense, and dream of what they would look like without their cankles.

Now the good news is that as I lose weight my cankles will be a little less eye catching, especially if I wear my pants as long as possible. And, that isn’t always easy since I am 5'10” tall. Well, maybe 5'9” since my back surgeries. That's another topic I may address, since I am the Queen of Stenosis!

My scale and I are back on speaking terms. I am off to take a long walk, cankles and all, and will do my water workout later. Exercise is a part of this process and anything that gets you moving is the way to go, I mean, the weigh to go.

Check out my new recipes and ideas section on the right. I have added the skinny soup recipe, a great article on weight loss strategies that one of my daughters sent me, and a link to another blog written by my friend Kathleen. Kathleen, like some of you, has a weight goal much closer to her present weight than I do. She’s the mother of 3 little boys and loves to write about the ups and downs of living Among the Savages! Enjoy.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

You may have cankles, but at least you're 5'9". My pants are always dragging on the floor!

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller