Friday, August 28, 2009

212.8 Ch-Ch-Ch-Changing!

Whoa! I am down almost two and a half pounds from yesterday. I thought about calling the dentist first thing this morning to see if he could fit me in today so I could lose another couple of pounds. On second thought, I realized that that's a very expensive and painful way to lose weight.

I don't know why I had such a big drop since yesterday, but my hunch is that it is in part the result of my changing how I am thinking about making this process work for me. Until a couple of days ago when I weighed myself every morning, it was all about how much I had lost or gained since the day before. I have the goal of eventually weighing 170, so it has been the big picture vs. every pound along the way. Now I am focusing on a short term goals! Since we are leaving for Italy in a little more than two weeks, a couple of days ago when I weighed between 215 and 216, I decided that I wanted to weigh 210 before we left. I enlisted my sub-conscious mind to help me reach that goal. As I am moving through life, now more than ever, I have been trying to be more open than I have ever been to new ideas and practices, and my life is changing for the better. There are many books on the market about using your sub-conscious mind to help you live your life. One that I particularly like is called The Power of Your Sub-Conscious Mind by Dr. Joseph Murphy. It was written many years ago and it's the kind of book that can overwhelm you at first. I gave a copy to each of my kids with the caveat that they take from it what feels comfortable and let the rest go. If you decide to take a look at it, I advise the same for you. The reason I am writing this is because once I decided to set a short term goal, I closed my eyes and "talked" to my subconscious mind about it. The next morning, upon awakening, there was the immediate thought of 210. I could see the numbers as if I were looking down at my scale. And now I am confident that I will be at 210 or even lower when I leave for Italy. So, especially for those of you who want to lose a lot of weight, think about setting a series of 5 pound goals to reach in 2 to 4 week periods, and see if that doesn't help you with your weight loss. And don't forget to ask your sub-conscious mind to be a part of the process. It can't hurt and might really help.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

This is really interesting to me. It sounds a bit like meditation, or even (dare I say it) prayer. Just closing your eyes and thinking on a subject or a goal.

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller