Friday, August 21, 2009

216.4 The Best Laid Plans...

I am up a pound from yesterday, but I now really understand that my weight will vary a little all the time. My hunch is that because I had soup last night for dinner, the salt got me. Doesn't it seem like there is always something out there that gets in the way of weight loss? From my experience there is. But I am committed to the idea that as long as I keep my goal in mind and eat carefully, I will be okay.

Today was not one of my best days. My husband and I each made our lunches last night, and you guessed it, we left the bag on the kitchen counter as we rushed to get to the airport this morning. Once we got to our gate, my husband volunteered to go get food for us to eat on the plane. He came back with a ham and cheese sandwich on a big bun for him, and a romaine salad with chicken for me. I was so happy that he had made such a thoughtful choice for me. I slyly looked at the wrapper on his sandwich and saw that it contained 637 calories. How could he think of consuming that many calories in one meal? I was so righteous! Those of you who know me know that I can be very righteous! So, I ate my salad, carefully dipping my fork in the salad dressing and then stabbing a piece of chicken and then romaine. I ate a few of the croutons that were included. When I was finished, I turned my salad container over and saw to my horror that it contained 750 calories! This is not how I wanted to start this trip. I hadn't consumed all of the dressing or the croutons, but that wasn't much consolation.

My son has loaned me a scale that I have brought over to the hotel to use. And, instead of eating pizza with everyone tonight, I opted for salmon on a bed of romaine. Being prepared, as we tried to be by making our lunches, is great, but we also have to be able to understand that it is not going to always go smoothly. So, I will spend the next days being watchful and accept that I can have some control but not always total control. I will just have to stick with the basics of this program, knowing that I will lose the weight. Giving up or even considering quitting is not an option, but in the past, a day like today would have me planning to do just that.

No comments:

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller