Saturday, August 22, 2009

216.5 Keeping Up With The Boys!

It is such a change from keeping up with life in Scottsdale to keeping up with the boys here in Memphis. The boys are my grandsons, aged 8, 6, and 3! It is as if I have been moving ever since we arrived yesterday afternoon. This morning they joined us for breakfast here at the hotel and then we went to play in the park and set off the various rockets that we had brought as presents for them. The most reliable was the old-fashioned on that relied on forcing air up through a cylinder to push the rocket up into the sky by hand. The other two were touchier. The one that involved a rubber band being wound tighter and tighter basically fell apart on the first try. The most complicated rocket involved using vinegar and baking soda to cause a chemical reaction that resulted in the rocket flying at least 50 feet into the air! That was the most dramatic and was repeated many times. But what was really dramatic was the fact that I could participate because of the weight loss. I could keep up with everyone as we walked into the park and played. Nobody had to wait for me or worry about me! I was in heaven.

After lunch, while the 3 year old had his nap, we made tortillas from scratch with the older boys. Tonight we are having tacos. I can do this! I can eat a tortilla and the chicken filling and participate in this meal with everyone. I am really learning that I don’t have to deprive myself of all good things, but rather just eat less. We are going to the pool later this afternoon and I will get more exercise. Losing weight is very important to me right now, but it is not the only thing to think about. Spending time with these adorable boys is such a blessing and so much fun. I am going to focus on that most of all, while I am here.

my grandsons

1 comment:

queenmabby said...

sounds like you are having an amazing time!

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller