Tuesday, August 25, 2009

216.0 Small Things Add Up

I love getting on the scale and seeing downward progress, so today is starting out to be a good day. By the way, while writing about baby steps yesterday, I was remembering how far a toddler can go taking baby steps, especially if no one is watching. Let's hear it for baby steps.

But I am frustrated and I am blogging about it instead of stuffing my face. Actually, having just returned from our trip to Memphis, I don't have much in the house to stuff with. A few blogs ago, I wrote about quieting down and listening to my inner spirit. I did that late last night and, as usual, received wise counsel. It seems that I have moved into a maintenance mode, rather than weight loss mode. If I want to lose more and a little faster, I need to revisit portion size more than anything else. This morning I poured my cereal into a bowl and thought I was pouring about half of what the cereal box claims is a single portion size. Wrong! I had poured at least 3/4 of a portion size. It's a small thing to futz about, but it becomes large over time. It all adds up. Then I almost popped the amount that I had decided was too much into my mouth! OMG, unconscious eating struck again...almost. I took a deep breath, and poured the extra back into the box! Ah, now that felt good!

2 comments:

philso said...

Susan, you be a losin'. It's all relative. the set point is hard to converse with because it depends on multiple factors. Two more ergs of movement (not counting pouring back the overage on the cereal) also adds up. Whne the body says "no can do" just push it a few more ergs. Oh God, such torture. Great credit for you on theis journey!

Unknown said...

Feeling (and exercising) the power to Put. It. Back. is so key. My trouble is maintaining the mindfulness... to keep it where I put it back. Keep going!

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller