Friday, August 14, 2009

217...scale lag hits full force!

Even though I can explain it away, scale lag hit me like a tornado. I was so happy to see the 215 numbers (I know, 215.8), but it sort of knocked me over when I saw it jump back up. This is the hardest part of this process, the rock and roll to weight loss. It is not a straight line down and I wish it was. I know, "If wishes were horses...."

I just had a " just say no" moment. My dear husband suggested we go out to eat tonight. The old Sue would have agreed immediately and I would have started thinking about where we'd go, what I would order, what wonderful item I deserved or hadn't had in a long time, and so on. Is this ringing any bells with you? Instead I just said no, but thank you. And, I really didn't want to go out...again so soon. I really want this weight to come off and so staying out of restaurants is one good way for me to see this happen.

This has been a crazy day. It's been gray off and on which may be the cause of some of the craziness. My chiropractor said he loves gray days because it reminds him of growing up in northern Germany. Well, I grew up in sunny California and have never adjusted to gray and humid, even after living in muggy Michigan!

So let's talk about flatbread. I never dreamed I would blog about flatbread, but here goes. The brand I like is called Flatout! Very cute, yes? And, I did get it at Costco. Another bread I really like, but it is not as flat as flatbread, is Ezekiel Bread. It comes in several flavors. I searched high and low for this bread and finally found it in the freezer section at my grocery store. You don't want to buy it if it isn't frozen. Warning: always toast Ezekiel bread. You will think I am out of my mind if you try to make a sandwich-oops-half a sandwich with it untoasted. The thing about both these breads is that they are high in protein. My thing about food is the higher the protein and the lower the fat and sugar, the healthier it probably is. And, protein keeps me from going totally round the bend and bingeing. (My spellcheck spells it binging, hmm.) And, that is not a pretty sight, or is it site?

I have just posted my first recipe and it looks like it is delicious. My wonderful sister, who has managed to maintain her weight for eons, sent it to me after reading that I had turned to day old chicken and flatbread when staving in the middle of the afternoon recently. She is a great cook, so try this recipe, and let me know if you like it, too.

What's my dear friend the scale going to say tomorrow? Sometimes I feel like throwing my compass out the window. (I'm referring to my lecture on why to weigh everyday that appeared in my second
blog...probably not my finest hour!) Maybe I am the fickle lover. I hope you are hanging in with me.






1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Hooray for saying NO! It's hard, but must be done.
I know what you mean about the scale rocking. My scale started rocking downward as soon as I started reading this!

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller