Monday, August 22, 2011

180.0 Staying Healthy

What a day, but a great day. I've decided to accept every opportunity/invitation to go do things and so I was out all day until now, and it's 7:30 pm. My day did include a visit to my physiatrist - no, not psychiatrist - who oversees all my back, neck rehab issues. I was with a Russian ESL student this morning, a couple of dear friends for lunch and a couple hours of hearing all about their summer escapades to various places, then the medical appointment, dinner out, a visit to the cell phone store and finally home. It was a good day.

I wrote last week about organizing my time, making lists and always trying to create something everyday. It has helped tremendously to keep me focused on goals and as a result I've also made some interesting pieces of jewelry. Having house guests put some welcome activity into my days as well as structure and all of that is helpful. So life is good now, better than a couple of weeks ago.

The fact that we had guests and dinner either out or prepared by me didn't help the weight issues, but I'm trying to keep things in perspective without giving in, and will keep pursuing the goal of losing a few pounds, keeping the exercise going and most importantly staying healthy!

No comments:

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller