Tuesday, August 16, 2011

180.2 Making A List And Checking It Twice


So after I talked to Priscilla I followed my list for yesterday and completed everything. So what did I create? I put together a necklace and a funky bracelet. The necklace may be a gift, but I think I'll keep the bracelet for myself. What's really cool about the jewelry designing is how it happens. I had all of these elements in my stash but had never been moved to put them together in something wearable. It's one of those who knew moments!

List making may actually be in the genes, genes I didn't get so I have to train myself to make lists. But Jeff has always been a list maker and a very productive guy. Our son (a non-list maker) called last week to say that his youngest, Julien, had told him that they needed to make a list of all the things that needed to be done before he left for his first day of kindergarten. Ted has said more than once that raising Julien is like living with his father!

(Prill suggested I have a special little notebook to keep for my lists. I searched in my stuff and found a little journal with a great big W on the front. This journal had come in a grab bag as a "gift" from Michaels, the craft store. I had wondered when I saw it about what in the world I would do with it since I couldn't think of anyone I knew who would like it. But when I saw it yesterday I knew exactly what the W stood for. What in the World Will you do to make your life Worthwhile!)

2 comments:

priscilla said...

W. Wonderful. A perfect place to start your lists!

lynseym said...

Ted is a total listmaker Sue! It's how you get things done! We make lists for the kids because it makes them feel good to check things off. They have chore lists that are followed by something fun for the whole family---goals are in sight and even a five year old can get on board.

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller