Monday, July 11, 2011

178.0 The Carb Issue

This is not news to anyone, but the awareness of it in my everyday life is news. Carbs are not good for me! I had pretty much cut out carbs except for fruit at night, but slipped hard off the wagon while we were in Boston. Please don't ask why because I don't have a rational answer. But since returning home, I have pretty much cut out all carbs after breakfast when I usually have about a half cup of healthy dry cereal with fruit and yogurt.

Something I also became aware of is that when I was eating more carbs, I had more problems with my legs and ankles swelling. (Remember my cankles when I was much heavier?) So I'm still living (thank goodness) and learning (thank goodness)! And so it goes!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think your insights are important for everyone dealing with weight loss and maintenance...

priscilla said...

It sounds like you're back on track.I admire that.

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller