Saturday, July 23, 2011

179.4 You Are What You Eat

This post could be entitled "You Are What You Eat", or "My Blue Period". I just tried to call my sister Priscilla who knows all things art history-wise, but sadly she wasn't home. I know there's at least one well known artist (well known because I have a memory of this) who was known for his blue period. As I gathered my food and dishes for my breakfast I realized they were all blue toned, from my blackberry yogurt, to my berries, to my dishes. But I don't feel especially blue today. My weight doesn't make me feel yellow (my color for feeling really great), and to be honest, maybe my mood is basically just a lighter shade of blue than my breakfast.

People often talk about not eating white, meaning potatoes, rice, pasta. Has there been conversation about eating blue? Maybe I can start the conversation since it represents very healthy eating.

Sorry about how it looks like I have loaded tons of butter onto my Ezekiel toast. It's Smart Butter and is probably the least healthy part of my meal, but it is low fat and low calorie.

So I'm planning a surprise date for Jeff and me this afternoon, and that will turn this blue day into bright yellow! Hope you will have a great day, too.

1 comment:

priscilla said...

Picasso had a blue period. Probably others did too but I don't know who. (There's also the "period gown",if you remember.)

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller