Saturday, July 3, 2010

183.8 A WOW Moment!

Later today I'll be going to pick up my newly re-sized engagement and wedding rings. For about three hours on Thursday, I was in an absolute frenzy trying to find the wedding band. These rings are very special because Jeff and I had them designed around some diamonds that Jeff had given me over the years. I was so distraught and looked everywhere I had been that day. Finally, I realized that I had not asked my Guides (that Inner Power), or my subconscious mind for help. So I said a prayer asking for help and all of a sudden the thought of our dog Charlee came to mind and I remembered I had turned over her little crate mattress pad as I was straightening our bedroom in the morning. And there my ring was, as if it had been placed perfectly in the center of the pad! I was overwhelmed with gratitude!

I was so happy to find it, but I also was upset with myself because I knew my rings were too large as a result of the weight loss, and I had knew I needed to have them made smaller because they had slipped off occasionally during the night. When I took them in yesterday I learned that they were size 8.25, and that I now wore a size 7 ring! So obviously, it hasn't all been belly fat that I've been losing!

Jeff and I are going to spend some time with our son and his family so I probably won't be posting anything for several days. I'll be writing again starting on Thursday, but as usual, you never know with me so check back whenever. And keep me in your thoughts as I navigate my way through the food choices at Six Flags in St. Louis! Now talk about challenging...!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep your eye on the goal...hugs

philso said...

Ring around the rosey (rosie, rosy, rhosie, whatever)
the best thing to do when you lose something is say, "Jesus lost and found, Jesus lost and found, Jesus lost an found..." works every time. Learned this from a young woman tennis player at John Gardner's.

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller