Friday, July 2, 2010

184.0 TTF ~ Temporary Total Failure :)

Even though we did eat out last night, I knew that I could get my weight to start dropping back toward the 182 number. I ordered a spuntini (that's Italian for "snack") off the bar menu at a favorite restaurant and it fit the bill just fine.

This morning I was reminded of a bit of family lore. When I was oh, probably about 11 years old, our family was driving through the olive growing region of California and for some unknown reason our car just stopped running! My memory is a little vague on the details, but we all sat in the car, confounded by this turn of events. It was hot in that car (long before AC) and soon my dad began trying to start the car. And within a few attempts, the engine turned over and we were on our way. My mom announced that we had just experienced Temporary Total Failure!

This morning after getting up at 6 AM and walking for about 45 minutes, I came in and was trying to focus on ordering some things on the internet and my mind just couldn't manage to accomplish this very simple, oft performed task. In spite of drinking about 30-40 ounces of water, I just continued to feel fuzzy brained and weak. Finally I went in to lie down for a few minutes and and slept for about 3 1/2 hours. It has been very hot here and I am sure I just got very dehydrated. When I got up I told Jeff that I had just recovered from TTF! The gal who doesn't like to take naps feels pretty good now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just now finished reading your last two blogs. I have experienced backsliding SO MUCH in the last few months so I know how you feel. I've discovered that being extra kind to myself on the days I've gotten bad news from the scale really helps--and usually results in getting back on track. (Being kind to myself includes naps, refusing to berate myself, and NOT trying to "catch up" by denying myself good, tasty, healthy food. ) I can't tell you the number of times I've lost two pounds only to gain them back in a day. But if I'm patient it comes off again. Also, reading your blog when I feel tempted to quit really helps. You can put this in your blog if you want-- I don't know why I didn't respond there, but there you are!!!! I love you! Pearl

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller