Wednesday, July 14, 2010

181.0 Getting The Hang Of It!

Now that was a great surprise this morning as I stepped on the scale. In fact, I got off, let it go back into its sleep mode, woke it up and stepped on it again to be sure.

Jennifer has been encouraging me for a while now to do interval training on the elliptical instead of staying around the same speed throughout the workout. I've been doing that lately and I think my metabolism is wondering what the heck is going on, but has sped up in response to the change! Now I go for 3 minutes at about 3.5 mph and then do 30 seconds as fast as I can move my legs, and then go back to the slower pace for 3 minutes, etc.. And the workout lasts for between a half hour and 45 minutes. It's funny, but as the end of the 3 minutes is approaching, I get excited to speed up. I think my body really likes the switching back and forth. Another shift in response? The old me would have dreaded the impending speed up and work involved.

We are heading to the Boston area for a couple of weeks to see our daughters, son-in-law, and friends so the posts will be intermittent. Not that I'm counting :), but I've lost 22 pounds since visiting there last November. And, 3 of those pounds have been lost in the last 8 days! Maybe I'm getting the hang of it:)!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you to come. Jud and I are picking up some guest passes to the Y for you, if you are interested. Remember, the family that sweats together... gets together? :)

Unknown said...

Way to go, Sue. Have a great time in the Boston area - a whole different scene from Amherst, but we loved our visits to the "big" city. - Annis

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller