Monday, July 12, 2010

182.6 What's It All About?

I'm not sure if I've used that title before, but since I've been doing this blog for almost a year now, it does get hard at times to figure out what to call each post. (This is my 301st post! Ta-da!)

But today I'm wondering why my weight is dropping. I know, I know, usually I'm wondering why it jumps up. Here's what I've come up with - lately I have just basically stopped eating lunch. I do eat a couple of times in the afternoon but not a meal. I may have cherries, or an apple and some almonds, or half a yogurt with some blueberries. So I think that by eating a little more often my metabolism gets a boost, and I'm pretty certain that I'm eating fewer calories. And because I'm usually very hungry while I'm preparing dinner, I pull out a bag of little carrots and/or a bag of snap peas and munch while I cook. Then by the time I sit down to eat, I'm not ravenous and can handle eating slowly and enjoying every bite.

Whatever is going on, I'm loving it and want it to continue. I do feel hungry more frequently, but I really want to reach my goal and move on to other things. I was thinking today that maybe one of my voices from the past is that I need to eat three meals a day. I'm restating that message to say that I don't need to eat three meals a day. I need to be healthy, slim, and energetic. Some folks suggest 6 small meals a day. I've never tried that and think I might have trouble controlling what and how much I might eat, eating that frequently, and, what exactly is a small meal? So I'm sticking with this new plan and let's see how it goes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

By George, I think you've got it! Hugs,

Jennifer

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller