Saturday, June 18, 2011

177.5 Do I Have To Share?

Recently I have had some upsetting times in my pool. I would be doing my Mamma Mia thing, singing and doing my workout and look over and see a dead vole (like a big mouse) floating near me. I'd fly out of the pool and get Jeff to remove it. I felt sorry for the poor animal that obviously had struggled before giving up the ghost, and it totally creeped me out. Yesterday Jeff told me there was a huge night frog in the pool. He used a net and got it and threw it over the wall. So today I checked for voles, dead voles, and I checked for night frogs, dead or alive, and saw neither so got in the pool and started my workout. After a while my eye was drawn to the filter area and I thought I saw something, but then talked myself out of it and kept going. When I looked again, a frog was staring back at me, sort of hanging out in my pool.
Did he think it was his pool? I was out of that pool faster than I've ever moved and when I gathered my wits, I started to laugh. Even though night frogs are huge as frogs go, it was a lot smaller than I am. Jeff was napping after a morning of golf so I let him sleep. I screwed up my courage and got back in. As I was trying so hard to be okay with everything, that blue and white filter thing bumped into my back and I was sure it was the frog so I flew out of the pool again.

Jeff finally came out and used the hot pink noodle to trap the frog in the filter system and was able to get it out.

It is now living on the golf course. I don't play golf so I don't have to worry about sharing the golf course with him.

What this has to do with weight loss, I have no idea, but if moving more quickly than I ever dreamed I could burned up some extra calories, let's hear it for the frog.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

I HAVE heard it's just about getting your heart rate up... so... maybe?

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller