Monday, June 27, 2011

176.2 Susannah and me!

It has been a whirlwind 5 days since I arrived in Boston to meet Susannah! She is adorable, and we are all delighting in her newborn gestures, facial expressions, and posturing. I know it's all about ego, but I find myself looking for traits we share. I decided that she has my longs legs and arms, my hair color, and on and on. It's silly I know. I am not the only one in her extended family that has long arms and long legs. I wonder why I need/want to see myself in her.

And, I'm wondering how we ever got along without all of the equipment and new thinking about taking care of newborns that my daughter and her husband find themselves imbued with and surrounded by. But it is all good. I wish we had had a diaper genie, wipes for crying out loud, swaddling wraps that stay in place even when the baby kicks, car seats that support and protect the baby, etc.

So here is a picture of my newest grandchild. You do see the resemblance, right?

I can hardly wait for her to get to know her cousins, Lennox, Alex, and Julien.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How come you're so chintzy (sp?) with pictures. More. More. She looks very happy in GM's arms and very peaceful. I'm glad you have this joy in your life and I see you're not getting lose. Excellent! j

Kathleen said...

I saw her yesterday! I missed you, but I told her she was going to look like you. She does have long limbs and some of your facial features. And she's so very sweet!

On the topic of baby stuff, my third time around I pitched a lot of it. The trouble is, you don't know what you're going to need until you need it, and people try to anticipate and buy a lot of things they do not need. So much of it is so cute, though. How can you resist?

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller