Sunday, November 21, 2010

171.2 Arizona Autumn




It's raining here! It isn't supposed to rain in Arizona. At least, that's what I like to believe. We do need the rain. We always need the rain, but it really does a job on my happiness quotient. I don't know if because I was raised in California that I have trouble tolerating gray skies, or if it's a chemical imbalance, or what, but I do not do well on gray days.

Soon after we were married we moved from UCLA to a very small town in Michigan. My world went from technicolor to black and white! And, I really didn't know what happened since I'd never lived in such a dour place! Oh well, I just have to get to a point where I can allow a few gray days into my life once in a while.

On the other hand, something really beautiful is happening out here. I don't know if it is unusual or if I just never noticed it before, but the ocotillo (o-co-tee-yo) plants are turning from dark green to gold! I think Arizona is trying to experience autumn. When the sun shines through these most amazing plants, it is a sight to behold.

No comments:

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller