Thursday, November 18, 2010

171.8 Gifts

Sometimes life gets a little overwhelming in the most wonderful sense. I taught my ESL class today and two of my students brought me Thanksgiving gifts. I'm not sure that I have ever received any Thanksgiving gifts in the past.

One of the students left work, drove to the college and during our break handed me a beautiful orchid plant, gave me a hug, and then had to get right back to work. This is the woman from Vietnam who wanted to know what to call me (doctor, professor, or teacher). She now has a job which was her goal, so she is no longer able to take the class.

The other gift was given to me by a student I have had since I started teaching at PVCC about 4 years ago. She is from Taiwan and this morning told me I was the best teacher she had ever had as she handed me a lovely gift.

It's funny how things come back around when you give from your heart. This is the first year that I have called upon my Inner Spirit to be with me as I teach each week, and the hugs, the gestures of appreciation, and my teaching have all reflected this special influence that has made this year the best ever. And you should hear this group sing "What A Wonderful World"!

1 comment:

queenmabby said...

Momma, that is so wonderful that you were recognized by your students! it seems they really grasp the meaning of Thanksgiving by giving such thanks for you!

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller