Saturday, November 12, 2011

183.2 Asking Questions

Asking questions is always a good thing...I think. As I've continued to work on losing a few pounds after trying to maintain my 80 pound loss and then regaining some, I have been trying to figure out why things took the turn that they did. I had to have my thyroid level checked (I had my thyroid removed about 3 years ago) so decided to talk over the situation with my PCP before having the blood draw. I really like this doctor because he listens carefully and responds with care. In other words, he doesn't trivialize my concerns. He checked my last lab results and noticed that the TSH was on the high side although not quite abnormally so. The end result is that because it came up so high or higher again, I am on a higher dose of synthetic thyroid replacement. I've only taken it for a few days and don't have the jitters or other side effects that he warned me about, so we'll see. I joked with a friend that maybe I'll become a Type A personality. Now that would be something new and different!

No comments:

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller