Thursday, September 22, 2011

182.4 Feeling Alive

I think my spirit died a little this summer. I have lots of reasons I can think of as to why that happened and none of them are very good. Jeff and I are already thinking about next summer and changes we might make so that this doesn't happen again.

Today, as I was leaving the college after teaching the ESL group, I was struck by how alive I felt at that moment. I could teach over the summer and perhaps that is something I might do next year. And I want to find other activities even now that give me that sense of aliveness that I seem to need.

My time with my children and grandchildren always gives me that sense of feeling alive and of being in the moment, and I cherish that time with them so much.

So I am grateful for so much today. I even did the elliptical and realized how alive I felt while doing that. Why don't I do it more often and more routinely? That's a good question. So I'm working on lots of things mentally and physically. Welcome back to life, Sue!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

That's heartbreaking! But I think understand some of that seasonal mood change. I usually get out of sorts in the winter, but whatever changes your routine will certainly do the trick. Now that you've pinpointed the problem, you can fill the time up with joyful activities.

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller