Friday, September 23, 2011

182.8 It's About Challenges

As a part of my ESL class I've asked the students to come up with a challenge for themselves that they talk about in class. I haven't started doing this yet this semester, but yesterday two of my students talked to me after class about their challenges. One gal challenged herself to do special things for herself. She's raised two children, and always put her husband and children first in her life. One of the things she did for herself was to take Zamba lessons... and now she is teaching it! She's so proud and excited. Another student has already chosen a challenge without me even bringing up the subject. She's going to learn to cook new recipes from her husband's country as a surprise for him. The best challenge story I have is the one about my student who took on the IRS over the phone, got the information he wanted, and was given more help than he thought he needed. I don't know how many folks have even gotten through to the IRS much less been helped graciously and generously.

I find it interesting that I am good at helping others formulate and accomplish their challenges. Maybe I have found something I'm good at :) ! Maybe I could do this for myself, again?

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

What would your new challenge be?

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller