Sunday, December 26, 2010

172.0 The Morning After

When I was much younger and would drink too much at a party or special event, I knew that I would feel awful the next morning and that I would spend the next day "in recovery". That's how I feel today but it is not the result of alcohol. It must be a sugar hangover exacerbated by way too many calories. I literally have that buzzy feeling in my head and an upset stomach and, hello a good pound or two more than I usually carry around as a part of me. Today will be the beginning of some intense recovery work!

But wait. We are leaving on Thursday to go to Memphis to have a late Christmas/New Years celebration with our son's family. Just when I will be getting everything back on track I'll be faced with more opportunities to lose my place, lose my resolve.

I think it's time to just put all that I've learned into practice and hang on for the ride. I've had enough goodies to last until at least next Christmas, so I can do this.

One more thing... in case you didn't see this news clip, it features our 9 year old grandson explaining how he used the Hemlich maneuver to save his friend's life. We are so proud of him. http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/news/local/good_news/121710-choking-riverdale-student-saved-by-classmate

1 comment:

lynseym said...

We have this in mind! Ted and I have planned delicious yet responsible meals for us and if you want candy, you'll have to steal it from your grandsons' stockings. Ha!

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller