Tuesday, December 21, 2010

171.0 Random Acts of Kindness



Sometimes when I start to write a post I don't know quite what I will say. But today I know! And, I should have suspected it was going to be a special morning after being greeted by this gorgeous sunrise.

I ordered breakfast at the Paradise Bakery this morning and as I tried to pay for it I was told it had already been paid for! I, of course, thought the cashier had made a mistake and I was not the person who was supposed to get the breakfast. She assured me that it was meant for me! I was so flustered and happy and wanted to thank the person who had bought my breakfast. She told me that the person wanted to remain anonymous but that she would let "them" know that I appreciated it!

Obviously, I haven't been the recipient of random acts of kindness in the past and now am determined to "pay it forward". What if each of us did something like this once a week or once a month or once a year? I can hardly wait to begin.

Amazing how good this made me feel! Happy Holidays to all!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

This is a great feeling! There really are some wonderful people out there. http://www.secretagentl.com/

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller