Sunday, January 15, 2012

187.4 There Is No Finish Line

Or, I could have entitled this post "An Amazing Weight Loss Journey Without End." When I started on this weight loss journey almost three years ago now, I definitely thought there would be an end point, that I'd reach my goal and somehow live happily ever after. As you know, I've been struggling for most of this past year with my weight, as much as I was when I was trying to lose those 80 pounds. This time I was struggling to maintain my goal weight and not regain weight, and I've been losing the struggle. Well, I'm still on the journey which has taken a surprising turn. Yesterday, after much thought, I joined Weight Watchers. I went to my first meeting and really liked it. I felt validated when the leader brought up the point that maintaining weight loss is actually more difficult than losing weight, and I do agree with her. She mentioned that most of the contestants on The Big Loser have gained back most if not all the weight they lost while competing on the show. So, I'm not alone in this. Why did I join Weight Watchers? So that I'd be accountable to someone else. When I was losing I had Jennifer to care and to coach and encourage. Now I have WW to fill that need that I have. Some folks can do it all on their own. I need a cheering section!

My cousin was here a couple of weeks ago and told me about a friend who wears a workout shirt that says on the back, "There Is No Finish Line". I can relate to that! There are so many aspects to weight issues and for most of us, it is/will be a continual battle, but life will always get in the way, and I have to remember that that's the good news. Life is good!

1 comment:

priscilla said...

Sometimes we need order in our lives and sometimes outside help works best. Keep up your positive attitude!

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller